T Cell Expansions with Custom Flow Analysis and Patient-Matched Primary T Cells
The client in this case study is a Senior Scientist supporting CAR-T cell discovery efforts for a global pharmaceutical company. Discovery Life Sciences has been a human biologics partner to this client and company for over 8 years providing many different biospecimens and services. During a discussion on a related project, the client asked if we could collect and isolate T cells from healthy donors and expand them via cell culture. Their goal was to create a sample pool of patient-matched primary and expanded T cells to be used in multiple CAR-T cell research and development projects across 3 research groups within the company.
The name of the client and their company could not be disclosed for this case study due to the sensitive nature of their research.
- 4 recallable healthy apheresis donors
- 100-200 frozen vials of primary T cells per patient, 20mm
- 100-200 frozen vials of expanded T cells per patient, 50mm
- Inclusion criteria: No steroids or ibuprofen at the time of draw and no vaccines within the last 6 weeks
- NGS characterization for patient HLA typing
- Flow characterization across multiple timepoints (including timepoint 0) for T cell activation markers including: cell count, cell size, CD3, CD4, CD8, CD45RO, CD25, CD27, CD69, HLA-DR, PD1, and 2 proprietary antibodies.